December 14, 2015

Geiko Kikune

                                                              ╔════.❀.═══════.❀.════════.❀.═══╗ 
        Watashi no namae wa Kikune desu 
╚════.❀.═══════.❀.════════.❀.═══╝ 
     I am Retired Geiko at Hanafusa Okiya of Kyoto Kagai sim

Before I became Kikune, my name was Kokoro. I was born in the town of Kamakura and lived a short distance from the beach where my father sold soba, corn on a stick and cold drinks to tourists.  I often would walk up to the Daibutsu and enter into the great statue by way of descending stairs.  One day as I was looking out of the stomach peep hole of the Daibutsu I saw a geisha praying and leave an offering.  I suddenly realized the meaning of obasans story.  I had spend much of my life inside of a shell afraid and  looking out at the world.  I decided then that I waned to seek an okiya and train to be geisha.  I would embrace simplicity, put others first and desire little. I would become a rare flower floating on the river to be a pleasure to all that met me along my journey. 
I became full fledged Geiko on December 3rd, 2021, on Sunday, March 13th, 2022 I stepped down as an Active Geiko and on May 1st I retired due to health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment